Region is defined as the region apprentices spend the most time in in the year of starting their apprenticeship.
Each year we gather all new apprentices starting training with BCITO, Competenz, or Skills Org. We track these apprentices through administrative records and determine their primary activity each year after starting their apprenticeship. Activities are ranked in order of:
- Apprentice (continued ITO enrollment)
- Tertiary student (enrollment with other tertiary organisations)
- Employer (business income)
- Employee (wages and salaries, full time for at least 3 months)
- Overseas (an overseas spell for more than 3 months)
- Beneficiary (beneficiary income)
Where an apprentice who is still enrolled in with apprenticeship program with their ITO but also in employment will be recorded only as an apprentice.